Resilience-Building and Healing Services
The Four Pillars of Trauma Recovery
Decades of trauma and human resilience research have given us a roadmap showing how individuals can overcome the lasting impact of trauma. Through the development of psychological strength, physical well-being, connectedness, and purpose/meaning, you can cultivate resilience, recover from trauma, stress, or burnout, and live the life you want to live.
As a Milestones client, you are the guide in your healing journey and have the ability to select which services may work best as part of your personalized healing plan. Working with a team of trauma-trained providers, you will strengthen the four pillars shown below, and overcome past trauma. A list of available services can be found below.
Available services include:
- Specialized trauma recovery: Licensed, experienced clinicians offer specialized treatment for combat and deployment stress, sexual assault, physical or psychological trauma, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, post-traumatic stress, and secondary trauma
- Trauma treatment: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Cognitive Processing Therapy, and Prolonged Exposure therapy in addition to other evidence-based interventions are used to help you recover
- Flexible Services: Individual, group, and couples therapy are available
- Past traumatic experiences often manifest in the body as physical tension and pain. Massage therapy can help to release this tension and reduce pain, providing a sense of physical relief. It can also help to reduce stress and promote relaxation, which is essential for someone who is dealing with the ongoing effects of trauma.
- When combined with the other therapies in your program, massage therapy can have a significant impact on improving your physical and mental health and contribute to increased resilience and recovery from trauma.
- Massage provider info
Acupuncture has been shown to reduce stress and improve resilience by promoting relaxation and balance within the body. During an acupuncture session, thin, sterile needles are placed in specific points on the body, called meridians, to stimulate the nervous system, release endorphins, and redirect energy flow within the body. This process can help to reduce stress and promote feelings of well-being.
In conjunction with traditional therapy and the other somatic and creative therapies within your personal (tailored) program, acupuncture can help to build your resilience and overcome past trauma.
- Yoga has a variety of benefits that can assist individuals who have experienced trauma, such as reducing physical tension and pain, promoting mindfulness, empowering self-care, and enhancing the mind-body connection. Each of these benefits can increase resilience and aid in recovery from trauma when used in conjunction with your tailored healing plan.
- Trauma-informed Yoga provider info
Integrated Sensory Experience
- The Integrated Sensory Experience uses multi-sensory and grounding practices to encourage a collaborative walking and sound creation experience in a joyful environment. This practice, which includes activities such as sound-walking, movement, drawing, and writing, can be beneficial for individuals recovering from trauma.
- Integrated Sensory Experience provider info
Outdoor Immersion Therapy
- Outdoor immersion therapy is a unique way of building resilience that can provide numerous benefits for individuals recovering from a traumatic experience. Being in nature can help reduce stress and anxiety, improve mood, increase physical activity, and promote a sense of connection with the environment. Additionally, participating in outdoor activities can build confidence and foster a sense of accomplishment. Outdoor immersion therapy allows clients to conceptualize “difficulties” in a different way, using metaphors, meanings, and mindfulness to construct a broader understanding of trauma, self, relationship, and competence.
- Outdoor Immersion Therapy provider info
- Art therapy can be a powerful tool for individuals recovering from traumatic experiences. Through the creative process, art therapy can help reduce anxiety and depression, promote emotional processing and control, and provide a non-verbal outlet for communication. Art therapy sessions can create a safe and supportive environment for individuals to express and process their emotions.
- Art Therapy provider info
Equine Assisted Therapy
- Equine assisted therapy has been shown to be an effective way to build a variety of important skills necessary for developing resilience, such as self-awareness, emotional regulation, self-confidence, and empathy, just to name a few. Horses are large and emotionally intelligent creatures, and working with them can be an extremely meaningful and rewarding way to help facilitate progress in your healing journey.
- Equine Assisted Therapy provider info
To learn more about our services, contact us by phone at 719-255-6453 or through the website here.